BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 15, 2009

All dressed up...

And no place to go? Well, that's what it felt like for a while.

I've been anticipating my convocation for weeks now. Story is, I was on my way to Ottawa... got a call from my friend asking where I was. Apparently I wrote down ceremony #9 but that is only for J/I and I/S... It was actually supposed to be at 2:30 in the afternoon, ceremony #8 for P/J.

Lucky me, still on the road and grad starts in 30 minutes? In a nutshell, I missed my own convocation. Hey, listen... human error, people make mistakes ok? “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.” Thanks Ghandi!


:( I was so sad for so long. Missed out on the excitement, pictures and seeing friends from teacher's college...

Nothing a lobster dinner at Luxe and dessert at the Fairmont Chateau Laurier couldn't fix.
Laugh with me here, people.

Oh ya, tomorrow I might get my visa I assume? I got my issuance number finally! Now it's time to pay fees, get my passport stamped and meet for an interview. Found out that my employer needs a copy of my BEd diploma. Funny, I never actually received it.

I asked them for it and they looked at me and said "you missed it? Ya, it's in the mail. Sorry"

I replied, "no but you don't understand I am leaving the country and I need it i'm going to korea and I need to give it to the director of the school as soon as possible maybe scan it in is there anything you can do there is no way it's already in the mail".

Mhmm... all in one breath.

Later I went to info service at Ottawa U. They gave me some transcripts and a letter that stated I had graduated. At a fee of $40 of course. For 5 enveloped and some paper. Gotta love the institution.

I learned to count to 10 in Korean today. That is it I think.

Until tomorrow,

Steph

0 comments: