BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 20, 2009

I'm sick!

I really hope that good ol' Murph doesn't screw me over for the flight Monday. I wake up this morning with a major headache, throat that feels like it's on fire and congestion. It literally feels like my head is full of snot, my ears are plugged and my eyelids are dragging me down completely. Too graphic? Oh well.

Now, I normally don't mind this (I've gotten a sinus infection before and it's nothing I can't handle) except for the fact that I have a fabulous near seventeen hour flight to tend to in 2 days. My fav South African doctor (the one who always advises me to send his regards to my family) doesn't work on Saturdays. Lucky me, I got to check myself in to a walk-in. My favourite! Note the sarcasm, please.

Thankfully the doctor was kind and prescribed me some meds and some over the counter stuff. Fingers crossed that I will be allowed into and out of the country. I know everyone is so uber paranoia when it comes to viruses. Hopefully this is just a sinus thing or allergies.

Oh a happier note, got together with friends for a wine and cheese Friday. It was so cute and I got some very nice going away gifts. A care package from Trish and Canada Ts from Carla and Natalie, which everyone signed. Tons of Won from Rose - thank you so much! Thanks to you I am now a millionaire haha (sure does beat being sued for a mill) and a beautiful bookmark from Kathy. 3 bottles of champagne and everyone brought cheese, fruit and dessert. Well ladies, and Nick, that's the last of gang photos for a year :(

Today I went to my uncles for a BBQ. It was great to see everyone! Tomorrow I'll be going to my Nonno's for a Father's Day lunch and that is my last day in Toronto.

So weird!

Alright it's late now. Talk soon,


Steph

0 comments: