BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 1, 2009

Eyecare, TMT & Sleepyness

Alright so today started off with going to my optometrist and picking up sunglasses. I must express my lack of enthusiasm (especially at 1:45am) toward sunglasses. It is completely justifiable for this reason only: I hate it that so many people can spend so little on sunglasses. Even if I wanted to buy a $12 pair of sunglasses I wouldn't be able to. I'm blind as a bat and if you need a prescription you automatically have to pay up. It is really such a shame, when a less than $100 glasses frame turns into nearly $500 because of the damn lens.

Anyway, now that I am over that and had my vent session I will tell you a little more about the events that occured in my life today. Got the sunglasses, found a new pair of glasses. The ones I have now broke during a soccer game. A player on the other team decided to kick the ball off the wall and it nailed me in the head, breaking my glasses in two and forcing me to use super glue to mend them as soon as I got home. That was 4 months ago. I am due for a new pair.

After the eye doctor I went to the Promenade... haven't been there literally in years. It was nice and I found some things. My cousin said to me the other day "sorry steph, but you really to replace those" pointing to my less than perfect flip flops. Yes, for those who have seen me wear them every day of my life for the past 2 yrs... they are the ones that I wore camping, the ones with the rhinestones.

While in the mall I got really excited when I saw TMT. I completely forgot that there was a Japanese food market in there. I love that place and am intrigued by all the different foods but always end up leaving with pocky sticks, seaweed for sushi, lychee green tea drink and noodles. I held off on the pocky sticks this time around. I wish that they had these ones: "Another variation of Pocky is the My Calorie Pocky (マイ カロリー ポッキー, mai karorī pokkī?), which has 1/4 the calories of regular chocolate Pocky." If they did I would buy them.


Kiwi pocky? I've seen it all. I wonder how this tastes.


Later we dropped off taxes. Yes, late... I know. The shame. Well better late than never. And now it's getting really late actually. Must wake up tomorrow and prepare for a BBQ with friends.

Excited to meet for coffee with all the girls tomorrow night. We might hit up a cafe on college or rely on good ol' starbucks. Wherever we go I know it will be fun. Cause' it just is :) hehe

Take care,

Steph